Thursday, August 8, 2013

Shit I Wish Girls Knew About the 411

The only thing that spreads faster than herpes on ships is gossip. True or not true, nobody cares. If you went to dinner, rented a movie or made generally any other action while on or around the boat, don't waste time telling your friends about it. They already know. 

Currently I am rumored to be hooking up with a musician. While he is certainly attractive and we do spend a lot of time together, nothing romantic ensues. But ships have the same mentality as middle school girls and obviously a mixed gender friendship is impossible without any hanky panky. 

I don't mind that people think that or that they ask me. What does irritate me however is that nobody believes me when I insist that I didn't. I am a pretty honest person. If I say i didn't do something, I didn't. But gossip doesn't care. 

The moral here isn't that ship folk gossip worse than Regina George. It's that no matter where you are in life, people will talk about you. You need to accept it. If you don't want people talking about it, don't do it. If you couldn't talk about it with your mom, don't do it. Don't engage in some horrible or embarrassing behaviors and then whine when everyone find out. You brought it on yourself. 

If I really cared people were making such a big deal about me hanging out with the musician, I would stop doing it. But honestly? I don't give a fuck. 

Rumours happen. Even Adele sings about it. Life lesson learned. 

No comments:

Post a Comment