I have a sick obsession with serial killers. I love true crime movies and books. I watch a stupid amount of scary movies for a woman who lived alone for a long time. I sometimes think I should go back to school for an abnormal psych degree and get some sort of job psychoanalyzing these people. There is just one little problem. If some of these sick freaks tried to blame a tough childhood for their violent sprees, I would laugh in their face. And then probably get murdered. So you can see why I hesitate.
Lots of people have tough childhoods. They don't all grow up to be serial killers. (We hope!) Now I get the whole cycle of abuse thing, children of abusers tend to grow up to be abusers themselves etc. But at some point, you need to grow up and stop blaming a shitty childhood for being a shitty adult.
Same goes for relationships. Just because you got cheated on, doesn't mean you can claim some sort of damage that causes you to be a ruthless cheater now. I do get that things happen to undermine your confidence while in a relationship but unless you are still with the person that brought you down, get over it. You cannot start a new relationship with baggage from an old one. You definitely cannot be mad at your new boyfriend about something the old one did. LET IT GO. Whether it is a tough childhood, something you lost at, a crappy relationship. Whatever it is, its time has passed. Move on.
No seriously, let it go.
No comments:
Post a Comment