Friday, September 13, 2013

Shit I Wish Girls Knew About Making an Ass Out of You and Me

Recently a good friend of mine directed his semi new girlfriend to my blog to read. She confused me with a girl he had "dated" in the past and had some not so nice comments about what she read. He had assumed she would find it funny and that we would really get along but she came in prepared to hate me for the imagined crime of having been with her man. 

Girls are the queens of making assumptions. I do it all the time. I make snap judgements about people. Which, while still not good, is still better than going in with a preconceived notion of someone based on what you have heard. Gossip, in a shocking twist, is not always accurate and it isn't fair to hate someone based on a lie. I have been told many "facts" about myself, that were known by everyone but me. There is nothing more frustrating than being told you did something when you know that you haven't but having no one believe you because they have HEARD IT. 

Now don't get me wrong, I'm completely okay with justified hatred. I tend to hate most people in fact. But it's a whole different ball game to hate someone pbased on assumptions. And you know what they say when you assume...

(PS to the new girlfriend, yes I do think quite highly of myself and no I'm not that weird...)

No comments:

Post a Comment