Friday, April 18, 2014

Shit I Wish Girls Knew About Being Mindy

              I feel like we all have a list of celebrities that we want to be our best friend. (Mine includes James Franco, along with the vain hope that we become the kind of friends who change in front of each other) I think I over-identify with Jennifer Lawrence and truly want to be her best friend. However I feel like Jennifer Lawrence is more akin to the me at 22. I think the real celebrity me is Mindy Kaling.
        I'm gonna be straight up with you. I love me some Mindy Kaling. If you have no idea who she is, google her. She's hilarious. [If you haven't read her book go do so now. Seriously. Why are you still reading this blog? Go buy her book! (Oh the bookstores are closed? That's why you should have a Kindle, you asshole. For book emergencies)] I adore her show. Like actually love it.
        Now I know she's not everyone's cup of tea, but here is why she should be. First off, she writes her show and produces it. Yes that means she is crazy talented but it also means she writes her shitshow character. Yes she's a doctor, but literally nothing else about her life is together. She wears pajamas to work, she is a tad overweight, she is crazed in relationships and she is so messy that she didn't immediately realize she had been robbed. We have all been there. (I mean, who doesn't occasionally wake up confused in a bed with cookie dough and hot sauce as bed mates?)
        Nowadays my life is filled with constant freaking perky updates about how perfect all my social media friends' lives are. There are pictures of cute little babies and handsome husbands and life fulfilling careers. It was only very recently that I stopped bribing housekeepers for tables and bartenders for cups so I could get drunk playing beer pong with one dollar smirnoffs.  And while I would like to tell you I went from avoiding life by sailing around the world to being a responsible grown adult, that would be a lie. And then lucky for me another post crops up detailing Jr's amazing feat, Mom's flawless meal she whipped up between saving a life in surgery and Dad looking smoking hot in his lawyer suit. Don't get me wrong friends, I'm glad you are all doing so well. But seriously, stop posting about it.
       Nobody ever posts that they got dumped and went a little slutty and had a goal of sleeping with a guy from every continent. But I'm sure they do. People are constantly doing stupid things right? I can't be the only one without my life together. Luckily I have Mindy Kaling in my life to remind me that I'm not. Even if she is a super rich celebrity...

No comments:

Post a Comment