Thursday, May 2, 2013

Shit I Wish Girls Knew About Stalking and Moving On

         
       The guy before my current boyfriend was a player. Which is widely accepted in my social circle but nonetheless sucks. So obviously, before we had officially even ended it, he was out scoping the next piece of ass. (And I must just modestly say, my ass is way nicer) Bits of mini melodrama ensued, I moved on, I assumed he did too. Then one day, a picture of Playerface and Piece of Ass popped up in my Stalkerbook newsfeed. I was transfixed by this photo. I will even admit that I forwarded it with an "I KNEW IT!" caption. I had moved on, why did I care? And why did I spend the next week or so combing photos and monitoring his activity?
        I read a study recently that said some ridiculously high number of people are some high percentage of unhappy because they are unable to move on from their ex and the problem is exacerbated by online stalking. What baffles me is that there was even a study on this. Doesn't this seem like the most evident  thing in the world? Stop wasting money on these lame studies and go cure cancer scientists of the world. (Who are probably far too and important to read my blog, but if one happens to stumble my way, now you know how I feel)
          My first serious boyfriend won't be my Facebook friend. Yes, that's a little painful. But honestly it saves me so much stalking. Even though I consider myself hotter than his current girlfriend, they seem very much in love and happy, at least according to their social networks. You are never going to find what you are looking for when you creep. There is rarely going to be evidence that your ex is so much worse off without you. So stop looking for it. Worry about yourself. You will be so much happier making your own life happen than obsessively following someone else's life via social media.
           In the end, I unfriended both the player and the piece of ass. They are probably too busy having sloppy seconds sex to even notice, but at least I feel better about it. Aside from writing this blog post, he hasn't really popped into my mind. Probably because he can no longer pop up unexpected in my newsfeed. So do yourself a favor ladies and just erase that ass from your friends' list AND your life. It feels incredibly good.

No comments:

Post a Comment