Thursday, December 12, 2013

Shit I Wish Girls Knew About the Friend Zone

       Last year I was at a party/small gathering/sausage fest and my friend's roommate had a girl over, thus keeping me from being the lone female. It was a pretty typical evening and as usual my guy friends were giving me plenty of shit. (It's how I know they love me ;) ) Suddenly, girl-whose-name-I -don't-remember-because-after-this-she-completely-disappeared-from-my-life (I say this lovingly and gratefully, it's these slutty one night stands of my friends that give me something to blog about) whipped around with a fury. She looked at me and said " Do NOT let them talk to you like that!" I was baffled. Like what? Yeah they were being vulgar and rude, but hey, that's also exactly how they talk to each other. I wasn't a girlfriend or a new romantic interest for them to be polite to. To most of them, I'm just one of the dudes. And that's how I prefer it.
        This does however come back to bite me in the ass all the time. I meet a new guy, he's fabulous and inevitably I get friend zoned. Why? Because I act like just one of the guys. (Which isn't exactly a turn on) But that is my default setting. So we meet, we hang out and they get comfortable. Pretty soon I can tell you their whole romantic--and not so romantic- history, including all the gross things no potential girlfriend should ever hear about.
        It's a catch 22 really, because at the end I add to my friend pool with pretty awesome guys, but my dating pool is now one of those little baby bath tub things. For me, I would rather have friends anyway, but for all you girls out there with lots of brothers or male friends, THIS IS EXACTLY HOW YOU get friend zoned. He doesn't want to snuggle with his best dude friend and keep it up with the potty mouth and that's exactly how he will see you. Especially if you have little breasts...

No comments:

Post a Comment