I am getting older. It is sad but true. The vast majority of my friends are settling down, getting married or having kids. Do I want kids? Absolutely. Do I want a husband? Sometimes haha. But that doesn't mean I need to go out tonight and rope some poor sap into saying "I do".
In our society today everything is a competition to see how many items on your check list you can get to before someone else. But do really want to spend the rest of your life with someone because they came into it at a time when you are feeling desperate? If someone treats you poorly now, do you really think that is going to improve over time? Don't put up with a shit relationship just because you feel like you should be at a certain point in your life. If you are "settling" now try spending twenty years with that person.
My friend who has been married since we were 18 has a pretty awesome life. She has two beautiful kids, a great house and a loving husband. But that doesnt make my life being single and traveling the world less amazing. Just a different kind of awesome.
No comments:
Post a Comment