Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Shit I Wish Girls Knew About Crying

    This past weekend I was lucky enough to get pulled over for a record NINTH time in my short driving career. And with such a high number to my credit, you would assume the cost of tickets has racked on up. But, even though I have been pulled over more times than the number of years I have been driving, I have only gotten a whopping ONE ticket. If you ask my guy friends, they will tell you it is because my chest is so large. But I like to think it is because I compose myself well. While getting a ticket sucks, it really isn't the end of the world. And most of the time, I would have deserved it. So I remain calm and cordial. I even occasionally crack a joke or two. And I truly believe this is why I haven't been swimming in ticket fees. Girls tend to be dramatic by nature. Even things that aren't super important take on epic proportions when a female is upset. And then they over dramatize. This is incredibly annoying in and of itself but one thing can make it even worse: Crying.    
    To men, crying is unfair. Half the time they don't even understand why you are upset. Instead of logically laying it out for them, women dissolve into tears and thoughts just go flying out of a man's brain.
    I, myself am a sympathetic crier. I frequently lose it during movies and TV shows. But when in an argument I am usually more pissed than sad and the tears remain locked away. However, there is a whole category of ladies who can cry on command and this is one of the most manipulative tools out there. Men don't really do well with emotions, as a general rule. But crying is a whole hurricane of emotion that they weren't prepared for and thus they frequently cave to the crier. And that is CHEATING.
    I am not saying you cannot genuinely be overcome with emotion during a particularly vicious argument, on occasion. But this should be the exception, not the rule. And if you are turning it on, purposely, for the majority of your arguments, you are an extremely shitty person. If it is coming down to you having no recourse other than tears, then you should just admit you are wrong. Otherwise, you would be able to use your words to win.
    And besides, crying is just annoying as hell.

No comments:

Post a Comment