Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Shit I Wish Girls Knew About Letting Your Man Off His Leash


    I have a very good guy friend, whom I have known for about eight years now. Our best friends dated for two years and in the beginning they harbored a brief and not so secret hope that we would get together too (think of all the fun double date possibilities!!). It just never clicked for either of us. And while I love him with all my heart, I have never been in love with him.
    Which is a good thing, as he currently has a girlfriend. Now I am not a huge fan, but she does seem to make him happy and after his last painful breakup, he definitely deserves some lighthearted fun (can you tell that I am hoping that's all this is and never turns into...god forbid...marriage material?). But the fact that I don't really like her is only intesified by the fact that she is a hoverer. She hovers. All the time. I cannot recall the last time that I have seen him without her. And I know it is not him inviting her, she just refuses to leave. Recently, the reason for this became apparent when she asked him how long ago we dated and for how long. He just scoffed at her and told her we never did. But it turns out, she really thought we had. So her annoying and incessant presence was her way of safeguarding her guy's virtue from my (nonexistent) lustful advances.
    This would have been irritating enough but understandable if not for the fact that SHE IS ALWAYS AROUND. This particular friend and I met in our mostly male youth group and he later went on to join a fraternity in college. He is a big believer in the bro code and the bromance. He likes his little sports rituals and his man time. And while he loves her, that is one of his biggest complaints. He cannot have man time with his GIRL friend always hanging out.
    For now, they still appear to be going rock solid, but the longer they stay together the more this habit annoys him. She really needs to develop her own life and stop single white female-ing all of his friends...
    Before it is too late.


(Disclaimer: I wrote this when they were still together, shortly thereafter, he finally dumped her.)

2 comments:

  1. I think I know who this is about lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome. lol, stage 5 clinger hahaa

    ReplyDelete